Dr. Nima Nasrollahi Shahri is a partner at Elite Pars Law Firm and heads the Energy and Investment Law practices of the firm. He is a seasoned lawyer in the field of Oil and Gas and Renewable Energies and has advised major international oil companies with respect to their participation in Iranian oil and gas projects. He holds a Ph.D. in International Investment Law and has completed his LL.M programs in International Commercial Law from Shahid Beheshti University. He has several publications in Persian and English and is the Director of Oil and Gas Law Department at the University of Science and Culture in Tehran where he is now supervising several dissertation theses, mostly related to the same field as well as commercial arbitration. Nima regularly does pro bono educational activities.
Nima speaks Farsi, fluent English and intermediate French and Arabic.
PhD in International Investment Law
Allameh Tabatabae’i University (Iran)
LL.M. in Petroleum Law & Policy
University of Dundee (UK)
LL.M. in International Commercial Law
Shahid Beheshti University (Iran)
Foreign Investment Law, Oil and Gas Law, Renewable Energies, International Arbitration
- The Human Right to Information in Light of ICSID Arbitration Case Law, Public Law Journal of Tehran University, 2017
- Positive jurisdictional Conflicts in International Criminal law in Light of the ICC Rome Statute, Journal of Legal Research of Shiraz University, 2016
- Speculations on the Contents of the New Iranian Petroleum Contracts: Buy-Back in Disguise? Oil and Gas and Energy Law Journal (OGEL), 2015
- An Introduction to Alternative Dispute Settlement in the Iranian Legal System: Reconciliation of Shari'a Law with Arbitration as a Modern Institution, Transnational Dispute Management (TDM), 2015
- Status of Female arbitrators in Iran, Transnational Dispute Management (TDM), 2015;
- An overview of the New IP Bill of Iran, Max Plank International Review of Intellectual Property and Competition Law, 2015
- The Petroleum Legal Framework of Iran: History, the trend and the way ahead, China and Eurasia Forum Quarterly, 2010