Navid Rahbar Sato
Dr. Navid Rahbar Sato is a founding partner and the managing director of Elite Pars Law Firm. He is a qualified international and domestic lawyer in the Iranian market with a primary focus on cross border transactions and oil and gas law. With several years of experience, he has extensive comprehension of the national, regional and international commercial legal system. He also handles litigation and arbitration cases where he sets out the legal strategies and heads the team in the process. He particularly advises clients on energy law, foreign direct investment, incorporation, mergers and acquisitions as well as import and export regulations in the region including sanctions compliance matters.
Navid holds an SJD from Washington College of Law and is a Vanderbilt LL. M. graduate of NYU School of Law and an International Trade Law LLM graduate of the American University of Washington D.C. He is an assistant professor at the Shahid Beheshti University of Tehran.
Navid speaks fluent Farsi and English, as well as basic French and Japanese.
SJD – American University
Washington College of Law (US)
LL.M. in International Trade Regulation
New York University (US)
LL.M in International Legal Studies
American University, Washington College of Law (US)
Foreign Investment Law, Commercial Litigation and Arbitration, Energy Law, Telecommunications, Life Sciences, Retail and Infrastructure
- Principles of International Trade Law, 4th Volume: Foreign Investment law, Sanctions, State Contracts, Energy, Oil & Gas, Ganj-e-Danesh Publications, Tehran, 2019;
- Principles of International Trade Law, 3th Volume: Finance, Insurance, Guarantees, International Payments, Ganj-e-Danesh Publications, Tehran, 2018;
- Principles of International Trade Law, 2nd Volume: Finance, Ganj-e-Danesh Publications, Tehran, 2017;
- Principles of International Trade Law, 1st Volume, Ganj-e-Danesh Publications, Tehran, 2018
- Jurisdiction of American Courts to Investigate on Crimes of Corruption, Mizan Publications, 2017
- The Scope and Application of General Principle of Necessity in Panel Report on China s Protection of Intellectual Property, International Trade Journal, 2010
- Maintaining the independence of the Iranian Exchange System, Journal of Comparative Law Studies, 2016
- Citizenship Rights and Resistive Economy, Medical Law Journal, 2016
- Compensation for Damages Sustained Due to Illegal Imposition of Sanctions by the European Union, Co-authored with Mohammad-Reza Narimami, published in International Law Review, I.R. Iran Presidential Center for International Legal Affairs, 2019
New York Bar Association
Iranian Central Bar Association